Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good way to die..

So.
A project that I've been working on for a loooong time is FINALLY here!
I've been toying with the idea of experimenting with video for a while now, so when a friend of mine asked me to help out with his band's YouTube channel, the timing seemed perfect. The basic idea was to put together a series of acoustic/semi-acoustic renditions of their songs with unique videos that (try to) capture the feel or the essence of each individual songs while still sticking to the format of doing one-shot videos with live audio recording to give the entire thing a less "produced" and more home-video feel overall. 
Working with video was quite challenging for me, considering I've only ever worked with stills and it's taking a while for me to get used to "seeing things differently", not to mention I have a computer that takes hours to render shit so post-work has been driving me CRAZY. But all in all, it's been a great experience so far. :D 

The first video was released a few days back and can be viewed here - 


PLEASE view in HD. The quality is just SO much better.

Also, a couple of behind-the-scene shots and stills - 





Check out their music here!
 Also, comments and critique on the video especially would be very much appreciated! :D 

4 comments:

Yernie Yip said...

Beautiful photos and video :)

Anonymous said...

The photos are incredible dear! You've done a great job!
And experimenting is always fun :)

Abhishek Gurbani said...

Woah! I changed the quality to 1080p and *Presto*!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song, great video and photos!